Thursday, October 22, 2009

Facebook

OK so I'll admit it... I'm addicted to Facebook.  Totally and completely.  I'm that creepy Facebook stalker that is completely harmless, just interested.  I like to see what my friends, former friends, etc are up to.  And I totally love pictures- perhaps that is my favorite part of Facebook.  I certainly have a lot of pictures posted, from old times and recent.  Go ahead, have a look.... if you are my friend that is.

The neatest thing about Facebook besides the pictures, is reconnecting with people I haven't seen in years... I think the longest one is 23 years?  She was my friend in nursery school and elementary school up until 4th grade when we moved.  I actually have a couple other friends from back then but I've seen them more recently.  When I saw friend request from "so & so"... I nearly fell out of my chair.  Turns out she is married, an animal person (like me), and has a lot of the same ideas and opinions that I do, and the lots of different ones as well.  The thought of, "would we still be friends had I not moved" comes into my head from time to time.

There are issues with Facebook, of course.  For example... well this isn't really an issue yet but it does have potential... My good friend had run into a woman from high school after many many years, on Facebook.  They linked up, and started dating.  I met her once, she was cool.   One day I get a friend request from her, so I ask my friend, what do you think, is it cool?  He said sure, why not!  So I added her.  Fast forward a couple months... he breaks up with her due to his stupid non-sensical brain.  I haven't deleted her as a friend, even though she never actually was, but I have no negative feelings towards her.  My friend hasn't asked me to either, though I'm not sure he even remembers! 

Then there are the fan sites... occasionally you see this pop up on the side, "so & so" became a fan of... grass, or something.  Grass, the beach, nose picking, you name it- there's a Facebook fan page for everything.  Some people become fans of everything they like.  And I mean EVERYTHING!!!  I'm a fan of Donald Brashear (formerly Washington Capitals, now the Rangers... sigh), Nutella, The White House (for updates only), BBC's World Have Your Say and sleeping.  Technically... I'm a fan of a lot more things but do I really need to join these pages?   Naw.  Nutella and Sleeping are silly enough.  I love socks but I think I'll skip that fan page.

I love when people post videos too.  Except of course the seemingly cool ones that end up scaring the shit out of you.  Yeah- add me to the "Not a Fan" page for those.  But seriously, there are some very, very funny videos out there that I might have missed if not for fun friends posting them.  One in particular made me laugh like crazy, but it wasn't so much the video as it was my cat's reaction to it.  Here it is:



Anyway, those are just some of my thoughts on Facebook.  I didn't really have anything to write about today so I picked that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment